Wednesday, December 28, 2005

From David Edelstein's gushy review of Red Eye:


When Red Eye is all over you'll probably look back-over steak tips and margaritas at the Applebee's next door-and wonder just what made your stomach juices slosh around in your throat. And you'll have another margarita.


I like Cillian Murphy, and I liked 28 Days and I like Rachel Macadams (she isn't really all that sexy, but she's cute), hell, I even like Wes Craven. I'll even say that Red Eye wasn't even all that boring. It was short anyway. That said it could have been made for TV, right down to the casting of . There absolutely nothing all that interesting here. The main character is too good to be believable, you are never surprised, never scared, and never really held in suspense. Edelstein is full of shit.